Saturday, January 30, 2016

Frugal Couch Project

Part of the fun of planning a little cabin on our land is planning how to furnish and decorate it. I'm trying to keep the furniture as minimal and frugal as possible. 

The other day, I found a couch at one of the thrift stores. 



Matt very nearly wouldn't let me buy it. He's not a fan of the 1970s decor. 

But the couch was comfy and only $70. 

I promised him I'd re-cover the cushions and that was enough to get him to compromise. 

Once I got looking at fabric, though, I realized it would be over $100 to cover all the cushions in upholstery fabric. 

We brainstormed, and purchased two cheap velvet and fleece blankets from Wal-Mart for $30 total. 



This afternoon, I measured and sewed until each cushion had a fitted cover. It took about two hours. 



The couch isn't reassembled yet, but I can already tell he's going to like it. No more 1970s couch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment