The other day, I found a couch at one of the thrift stores.
Matt very nearly wouldn't let me buy it. He's not a fan of the 1970s decor.
But the couch was comfy and only $70.
I promised him I'd re-cover the cushions and that was enough to get him to compromise.
Once I got looking at fabric, though, I realized it would be over $100 to cover all the cushions in upholstery fabric.
We brainstormed, and purchased two cheap velvet and fleece blankets from Wal-Mart for $30 total.
This afternoon, I measured and sewed until each cushion had a fitted cover. It took about two hours.
The couch isn't reassembled yet, but I can already tell he's going to like it. No more 1970s couch.