Tuesday, June 2, 2015

It Can Wait

I had several loads of laundry piled up, both dirty and clean. I still needed to pay the bills, which takes a chunk of dedicated Bean-free time or I completely melt down from being interrupted every 48 seconds. I also needed a shower. 

Lunch was done, and I sat at the table contemplating these things. 

And you know what I did?

I took the kids downtown, bought them Legos, and then sat on a bench in the sun and let them build boats and sail them in the fountain. And I built boats too. And bought a latte. 

And we simply enjoyed each other and enjoyed the day. 

Because they are only mine for a few more minutes. And then they'll be grown and gone. 

They won't remember that I had the laundry done. 

But they will remember an afternoon of building boats together and sailing them in the fountain. 









Plus, if I'm being perfectly honest, who wouldn't rather sit in the sun sipping a latte and watching delighted kids play in water?

And the laundry will still be there. 

It still is, in fact. 

And that is just fine. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. :) I should tell myself that same thing, the laundry will always be there and my kids won't remember that it gets done. They will remember the memories we create together. You are great at creating memories with your kids.

    ReplyDelete