Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

I love Easter! I love the renewal of Spring, the celebration of the resurrection of Christ. I love having my little family close around me, although that looks different every year, and that's okay. :)

This morning, we helped with music at church, one of my favorite things to do. The early call time (7:45) was a bit of a shock to the system, especially after a really late night (but that's another story!) Still, the music went well, and God blessed me with unusual energy for not having much sleep. I'm grateful.

For the past couple of years, we've gone to a local restaurant to enjoy their Easter buffet, which includes a chocolate fountain. In particular, Little Mister looked forward to this, and has been talking about it for months.

To our dismay, the restaurant was closed for remodeling this year! oh no!

Hubby and I ambitiously decided to recreate the brunch at home, including the chocolate fountain, which we borrowed from a neighbor. We had steak, omelettes, sausage, waffles, chicken, candied carrots, garlic broccoli, jello, cranberry juice... We were all stuffed!



We did not have the right chocolate, so the fountain was a bit of a mess, but it was fun! Bean in particular had no objection whatsoever to being covered in chocolate.




Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment