Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Geographics and Feeding the Hungry

Lately the kids have been really excited about drawing maps. We got out the APH light box (perk of having adaptive equipment around!) and traced a map that I printed off Google. 



Then they labeled each country. 

(Curly always smiles and poses for the camera!)


Lately, the kids and I have really enjoyed playing games on Free Rice. One of the games is identification of countries on a map. I'm proud to say I know now which country is Turkmenistan, as well as where Ghana is. Little Mister is even better than I am!

The cool thing about Free Rice is that the learning is combined with feeding hungry people around the world. It means a little more when you study countries around the world if we can help a few families while we're at it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment