Friday, February 21, 2014

Good Advice

There's a college-aged guy, Clayton, at our church who plays the drums from time to time. He asked me a couple of weeks ago if I would braid his hair, since we live in Northern Idaho and there are almost no places to get it done. Believe me, I know this is true, and that is why I do Abi's hair myself. 


While he did Algebra homework and watched drum videos on YouTube, I braided his hair one Sunday afternoon. I was surprised at how moisturized his hair was, so I asked what he used. He called his mom so that she could give me all the right names. 


Long story short, this stuff is a.maz.ing!! We had to order it online as it isn't sold here in the Great White North. It made Abi's hair so soft and easy to detangle. 


So here we are, watching movies and braiding away today. For any other adoptive moms who read my blog, you gotta try this stuff on hair. :)

(Note: the products are a bit pricey, but we only use them between braids. When Abi's hair is braided, we use a gentle, moisturizing shampoo and put olive oil on her scalp after her bath. You can find both products on Amazon. Search for "Creme of Nature detangling moisturizing shampoo" and "Africa's Best Kids Organics Shea Butter Hair Lotion".)

No comments:

Post a Comment