Sunday, September 8, 2013

Tactile Puzzle

In my kids' Sunday School class, a favorite activity is doing puzzles. You know the kind with a dozen cardboard pieces and a brightly colored picture. 

Naturally, Abi doesn't think much of these puzzles, and today she started acting out during puzzle time. Of course she got scolded, since acting out in Sunday School isn't okay no matter how bored you are, but it got me thinking about how unsuited those puzzles are to her, and how inaccessible. 

This afternoon, down in my craft room, I tried to make a puzzle that contained a picture that would interest her and enough tactile elements that she would have no problems assembling it successfully. 

 Crossing my fingers that next week will have a better puzzle time. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment