Wednesday, August 21, 2013

This requires a long Facebook vent!



Abi's IEP meeting (via teleconference) was this morning. Let's just say I was a little less than impressed. Thankfully, so was her SpEd teacher, so at least I have one mover/shaker on our team, not just me!

We did get a wee bit of Braille, enough to last us maybe a week. Not sure if I am excited to see braille coming into our home, or disappointed that there is so little of it. I mean, compare the amount of Braille (about 20 pages) with the thousands of pages of print a sighted Kindergartner gets at the beginning of the year.



Still, even baby steps forward are steps.

I keep thinking that in Ethiopia, they don't educate blind kids at all, except a lucky few who live in the main city. In the USA they say they educate blind kids, and then sort of actually do it. More or less. I guess that's better, right? Right? *crickets*

No comments:

Post a Comment