Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chaos

I'm sure you read the title of this post and thought, "so what's different about that?" Answer: nothing, really.

But the house is getting ready to barf everything onto my front lawn on Saturday in one giant, glorious yard sale. I have never done one before, as my closet can attest. I'm not a hoarder and I have made trips to Goodwill, but seriously, I am cleaning stuff out from like 1996. Yikes!

Hubby and the kids sorted out the toys. Like I said, I am not a hoarder but I do have trouble getting rid of toys. I'm terrified of hearing a small voice asking tearfully, "But Mommy, where is my very favorite small plastic giraffe?" So I wimped out and asked him to do it.

But I did the baby clothes, the Christmas stuff, the knickknacks (what a fun word to spell!) about 105 picture frames, and some really weird stuff like tea balls. Who needs two tea balls? I don't even drink loose-leaf tea! I actually don't even drink tea at all usually. Tea balls: out the door.



All week I have put all sentimentality aside and imagined my peaceful house and closets, free of clutter and unwanted junk. If you come to my yard sale and see a gift you have given me, pretend you didn't, ok? I have a terrible phobia of offending a gift-giver by not loving, cherishing or appreciating the gift for the next century. But honestly, I just pretended everything in my cupboards had never been a gift and just made choices based on whether I used that thing or not. And when I look at the piles and piles (and piles and piles and piles) of stuff sitting around, I seriously cannot wait until Saturday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment