Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Real Deal

Life as a work-from-home Mom has its perks. I get to drink as much coffee as I want. Wait, I did that when I worked in an office.



Working at home, here is what my table often looks like. Sometimes when the kids spread out their coloring I begin to wonder if it's becoming a fire hazard. I used to have a desk, but then I went mobile (I love laptops) and the space where the desk could go has a giant dog crate in it.



Because I work at home, my kids often look like this. All day. Or maybe that's because I am too lazy/busy/tired/apathetic to dress them. A pajama day never hurt anyone. And if one pajama day is good, how about six? Every week.



Mommy. You don't love me. You only love your computer. Here I am all alone and small and helpless and and so, so sad. No matter that you just changed me, fed me, cuddled me and anointed my cheeks with Baby Eczema Cream. You're working from home and that means you don't love me.



Once in a while, a moment happens, like this one. My poor, neglected kids band together and comfort one another. Somehow it all works out, three jobs, three kids and lots of coffee!

2 comments:

  1. Well, you know, you need a job for every kid right? Maybe that's why Josh and I can never keep up! We have 3 kids and 1 job! We did have 2, but Josh had to drop his second job so we can go to camp. I'm sure it will be worth it, even if we have to live even more simply than we are now. In fact, it might be kind of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. They're happy you can work from home and ignore them a bit, rather than you working away from home every day :)

    ReplyDelete