Friday, April 9, 2010
Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
Adapted from Amazing Chicken Tortilla Soup
* 2 teaspoons olive oil
* 1/2 medium onion, chopped
* 2 teaspoons garlic salt
* 4 tablespoons picante sauce
* 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
* 1 can corn with water
* 1 can black beans, drained
* 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
* 2/3 cup dry white wine or water
* 2 teaspoons cumin
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
* 2 cups water
* 1 bouillon cube
* 1 cup tortilla chips
* grated cheddar cheese
* 1 tablespoon sour cream
1. Sauté onion, with olive oil in a large pot until soft.
2. Add all the rest of the ingredients to the large pot and bring to a boil.
3. After about 15 minutes, remove the chicken breasts and shred.
4. (Two forks work well to pull the chicken apart!).
5. Return shredded chicken to the pot and simmer an additional 45 minutes.
6. Serve, topped with cheddar cheese and sour cream, tortilla chips on the side if desired.