Monday, March 15, 2010

Leap of Faith

Sometimes I wonder if we're not gluttons for punishment.  Hopping on the adoption train for the second time seems a mixture of the excitement with which a pregnancy is announced and the dread of months of paperwork, uncertainty, frugal budgeting and lots of prayer.

But as I sit here with my little son on my lap, I know in the end it's all worth it, even if the journey there is a bit of a roller coaster.  Nothing worth having comes easily and the joys of each child far outweigh the difficulties.

So, yes, we're adopting again, internationally this time.  We're looking at Ethiopia and Dove Adoptions, International. We've requested a girl, whom we've jokingly nicknamed "Sister Bear" after the Berenstein Bears. Right now we're in Paperwork Land and not even close to being done with it (we just started) so we won't have a timeline, an age or a match for several more months. But we've begun and that's something!

6 comments:

  1. I have a friend who has adopted two girls from Ethiopia. The second little girl just arrived a little less than a month ago. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of families in this area who have adopted children from there. I am glad because I'd like our child to have a supportive community as she grows up and not feel all alone. I'd love to talk to your friend sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the large family club! As soon as you even tell people you're expecting four their eyes begin to bulge :-P And when you're on the cusp of five their lower jaw bones hyper extend! There's a lot of adoption on my husband's side of the family. It's awesome when good people adopt! What a journey though huh? God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will send her a link to your blog :D She babysat for me not long after they adopted their first from Ethiopia when my little boy was a baby. They are an awesome Christian couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting Erin!! God bless you and your family on this new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's pretty exciting! We'll keep you guys in our prayers through this process! God bless!

    ReplyDelete