Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Proud

aDSC00997Miss A, Baby Bear's birthmom, passed her GED this week. She's been homeschooled and is looking forward to going to going to community college this fall. Since she had some disruptions in her schooling, she was really worried about the math portion, but it looks like she did just fine. I'm delighted for her and I know Baby Bear will be proud of her too, someday.

Visits are going fairly well. We've had two so far. I know they have to be tough for her, but they are tougher for me than I thought they would be. Still, I know how important they are for everyone involved. I need to remember what my friend and mentor TT (blog here) says. "Open adoption is shared information and shared love, not shared parenting roles." I don't know many adoptive parents with the level of open relationship that we have; I hope it continues to go well.

1 comment:

  1. Erin, I cannot imagine the level of selflessness it takes for an adoptive parent with open adoption.

    You are truly blessed by God to be able to endure the blessings, as well as the difficulty therein.

    I am proud to "know" a fellow Christian woman who is able to set self aside, for the fullness of mothering a child who deserves it.

    God Bless you, and I pray for a continued good relationship with the birth mom.

    ReplyDelete