Friday, January 8, 2010

Swinging

Lately Baby Bear has been insisting we hold him every. single. second. While I love to hold him and snuggle him (and I often wear him in the sling on my back, which is just as good) it would be nice to be able to use the restroom in peace. There are times too when I need to help the other kids and having a squalling baby in the background, no matter how full and warm and clean I know he is, still creates a bit of elevated blood pressure.

bDSC01035

Tonight I went into the bowels of our basement storage room and dug out the baby swing from Curly and Mister's baby days. Hubby had wired in an AC adapter and plug so we don't need to buy batteries for it. I re-assembled it, lined it with a freshly washed receiving blanket and set Baby Bear inside.

bDSC01034

At first every time he moved his hands he started at the motion but after a minute he seemed to say, "Hey this thing is fun!" He liked being up high enough to see what we are doing and he loves the rocking motion. Score one for re-using baby gear!

(Please ignore the piles of shoes... I temporarily set it by the front door until I can figure out where it will go on a more permanent basis.)

2 comments:

  1. Swings are great! Jayden didn't like the swing much, but it was nice at night when he would wake up in the middle of the night and didn't want to go back to sleep, I'd put him in the swing for a while, and he'd drift back off.

    It's a bonus that you don't need batteries! Wish I had thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela would have been unfit to live with if I didn't have a swing. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete