Sunday, November 29, 2009

Taming the Wild Tree

b100_0727

This year we went with some friends out to the Forest Service land to get a real, wild Christmas tree. Not only was the adventure appealing to me, but the $5 price tag couldn't be better!

b100_0735

The kids decorated it almost entirely by themselves. Their work doesn't look... symmetrical, but it certainly has personality. Curly Miss claims the red balls as her special property since red is her favorite color.

b100_0732

I spent some time putting up some of the traditional lights, wreaths, stockings and such. I love decorating for Christmas because the house feels so cozy and pretty!

b100_0734

Little Mister left his mark on the tree as well. This was the branch he could reach. Part of me wants to spread the balls out evenly all over the tree. But another part of me wants to leave the one branch full of gold balls because every time I see it, I smile.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it's pretty cute! I must admit Josh and I usually end up moving the ornaments around after the kids go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your red wall!!! That was such a great color choice. Your decorations look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete