Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Dangers of Listening to an iPod

When you're an UberMusicNerd (TM) like I am, it naturally follows that you want try out anything and everything out there in case there is some instrument that you might enjoy as much as the 47 instruments that you already play.



So, one day last week as I was listening to Mariah Carey's "Hero" on my iPod and enjoying the fact that Hubby wasn't there to complain about how much he didn't like that song, I noticed the bass line sounded really, really good. It gave me an itch to play it.

Problem: I don't have a bass.



That was quickly remedied with a trip to the local pawn shop downtown and in short order I was the owner of a five-string, off-brand used electric bass and I talked Hubby into sitting down and jamming with me.

He, of course, being the guitar wunderkind that he is had no trouble remembering most of the Tom Petty songs he'd spent his high school days learning and we had a great time pretending we lived in the seventies.



Then we moved on to Casting Crowns and John Michael Talbot. I'm not sure how our poor children ever manage to get a nap in this house, but we had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment