Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Tale of Two Chairs



Our dining room chairs look so inviting, don't they? The backs, devoid of the finial at the top, invite the kids to stuff Cheerios, gummi worms, counting blocks and beads down the tubes. The seats, though, are the real beauties. Every spill, every stain has left its mark in a spreading ring of fractal artwork that had blessed our dining room for years.



I decided it was just a little too much of a good thing. A sale on interior decorating fabric caught my eye some months ago and this stuff has been lurking in my sewing room ever since, just waiting to emerge and challenge my dining chairs to a duel.



"Aren't you ashamed to appear in public next to me?"

"Hey, I have fractals. Don't knock the fractals."

"Man, fractals are SO ten years ago. People want clean now. Smooth. Clear. Like me."

"You schmuck."



Clean is in, fractals are out.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! We have one chair that is still standing from our old dining table set. The seat looks pretty grungy too! Maybe I should do some reupholstering!

    ReplyDelete