Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Red

I'm sure you were all waiting with bated breath to find out what I was planning to do with the red paint I bought the other day. I know my hubby was wondering. I mentioned a red wall and he gave me a look of disbelief.



This is the wall I chose. In the "before" phase it was the same light bisque as the rest of the living room.



Hubby trusts my decorating instinct. It's a good thing too, because when I got the first layer of red onto the wall and it looked like toenail polish gone wrong, I knew I really could be in for a lot of ribbing.



But five coats of paint later, it looks pretty good! He even complimented me on it when he came home from work. I don't think he had much faith that it would look right in our living room but it adds a nice touch of color to the space without overpowering the small room.

3 comments:

  1. It looks GREAT! It makes that wall pop....! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually HAVE been waiting with bated breath! Thanks so much for the photos. I love it! It is so amazing to me how paint can transform a room. It makes the windows stand out. Makes me want to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really DOES look nice! Good job!

    ReplyDelete