Friday, August 28, 2009

The Purple Ball

Sometimes I dream of having a blog that attracts hundreds of readers, that draws in advertising money, that becomes the conversation piece of other bloggers and moms, that wins awards at blog conferences.



Then I write a post like this one. About a purple ball in our backyard that never gets played with but sits forlornly in a corner until Hubby tosses it in my weedy flowerbed when he mows the lawn.



And I know why my blog will sit forlornly in the corner of the internet, unnoticed except by a few passing readers and of course the grandparents. Because I post about stuff like an old purple ball in our back yard. And it's okay because I'm too tired to travel to blog conferences anyway.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how the purple ball got in the flower bed actually. Kudos to the ball though for not going flat. It's been in the elements for 400+ days now, including several months piled under several feed of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly why I like your blog. It's real life!

    ReplyDelete