Friday, August 7, 2009

Look-Alike Books



At the Library last night, Curly picked out several books of her own to check out. I gave them nothing more than a passing glance before I continued feeding my own print addiction.



When we got the books home, we found an unexpected treasure. The books she picked out have more than whimsical stories. They're full of everyday objects, cleverly arranged into scenes and landscapes.



The kids have been poring over the pages for hours, exclaiming each time they recognize a familiar object. The creativity and patience of the artist must be absolutely astounding, but as an out-of-the box person who used to make dollhouses out of matchboxes myself, I feel a sort of affinity toward her. She is a distant but kindred spirit.

2 comments:

  1. Neat! My kids like the I-Spy book they got from their auntie. Your kids might like those, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to look for this book at the library too. My daughter Megan does this exact same thing. I am constantly amazed at the things she creates seeing things through very creative eyes. She will love it. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete