Saturday, August 8, 2009

Free Agent

With another adult in my day on Saturdays, I am not chained to the house while the kids sleep. The sense of freedom intoxicates me; I can choose to go anywhere, do anything I like!

Of course with the world as my oyster, I chose to go to the Building Supply store, Wal-Mart and the toy store. Today, unlike most days, not only do I have time to myself, I have money too! For a few minutes I wondered if I was still me. You see, Hubby finally, finally sold the trailer we owned in Pullman. This elevates us out of the realm of slumlords and into the realm of renters-of-a-house-next-to-the-park. Definitely a step up in the world.

The extra cash means we have our adoption savings boosted up to our goal (yay!) and enough left over to buy some more Lincoln Logs. Priorities, priorities. I also got a quart of red paint, but I'll leave you in suspense on what I plan to do with that.

All in all a wonderful, fantastic, fabulous day, just because I got to go somewhere at 1:30 in the afternoon. I need a life.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh oooh! The suspense is killin' me! (regarding the red paint)

    ReplyDelete