Monday, December 1, 2008

"Here Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!"

Lately Little Mister's developing language skills have kept the rest of the family in stitches as we interpret his hilarious sentences. Here are a few of the highlights.

1. Curly Miss has taken it upon herself to teach him new words. Especially at the dinner table she gives him daily lessons while Hubby and I tried to hide our vast amusement.

"Say alligator." She will instruct.
"Ow-guh-duh," he attempts to copy.

"Say popcorn."
"Bah-guh."

"Say YES." She always throws this one in there.
"NO!" Invariably he answers this way and they both break off in a fit of giggles.

She has also been teaching him his letters and colors. He'll correctly identify B, D, E, N, O, P and of course S. His counting so far consists of "one, two, one, two" but he generally gets all the colors right when we ask him.

2. One of his favorite phrases is "Football Coat." Whenever he wants to go somewhere he goes to retrieve the fleece jacket I made for him that is thickly sprinkled with balls from various sports: soccer balls, baseballs and footballs. He'll run on his short legs through the house laughing with glee and repeating "Buh-ball Doat" over and over. He's so stinking cute it always cracks me up.

3. After parking the car at our house, I walked to the garbage can to dispose of some fast-food bags and assorted trash. On my way back to the car I spied Little Mister grinning at me from his car seat where he waited for me to release him from his five-point harness. He held up his hand, rubbing his fingers together in the way he uses to call the cat. With a twinkle in his eye he looked at me and called, "Here Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment