Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Girls' Night In

As consolation for my lonely husbandless state, my mom and sister stayed all night last night. I felt a little bit like a kid again, having a sleepover. A really tired kid.

My sister wanted a perm. This is the second time someone has asked specifically me to do a perm for them because they knew I would do a careful job rolling it. I'm not sure if that is such a good reputation to have. Perms are a lot of work and I'd just as soon someone else did them. But I obliged and we watched The Island on DVD while I did it. Once it was done Mom and Sis went to the store for junk food and I collapsed on the floor.

I did get to chat with Hubby last night and he said things have greatly improved on his trip. He got to explore the city a little bit and drive over the Golden Gate Bridge ($6.00 toll). He found a cool coffee shop and the best guitar shop on the west coast where he got to play a $10K guitar, handmade with illegally imported Brazilian Rosewood. So I think he's having a good time.

Mom, Sis and I stayed up till 12:30 watching Peanut and Achmed the Dead Terrorist. We ended up waking Little Mister with our laughter and that reminded us that we are now old and wise and we ought to go to bed.

This morning Sis and I took the kids shopping and out to eat. At the Mall, Sis browsed in the clothing stores and the kids, who I had expected to be bored stiff, had a wonderful time hiding under the racks of clothes. I remember doing the same thing when I was a kid and remembered how fun it is. Every one of the clerks, to their credit, were polite and nice about my giggling, scampering children. I imagine they weren't too thrilled about having them in their stores but they were all super. It made for such a nice day since it gets old when clerks eye my children with distaste and make nasty remarks about them touching things or being noisy. We're always so careful not to damage anything that I think the clerks could cut us some slack. Today they all did, smiling at the kids and telling me how cute they are. It was so nice!

I did find a couple of deals which will make those friends of mine who love to shop proud of me. I got a cute green sweater at Maurices for 1/2 off and a blue velour hoodie for only $4.99. Woo Hoo! I had been wanting a new top so I'm excited to find some on sale. As I told Sis, it's against my religion to pay full price for a top.

No comments:

Post a Comment