Saturday, November 22, 2008

Homestudy Interview

Yay! Our interview is done, for better or for worse. As far as I could tell it went quite well but having a total stranger examine the intimate details of my life, marriage and household is always incredibly intimidating. I found it so the first time and I did not find it much better this time.

Still all of her comments were positive and it sounds like there should be no problem in getting approved within a week or two. I feel a bit as if I just finished a very important job interview and now have to sit biting my nails until I get closure.

Hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait.

At least I'll be waiting with a squeaky-clean house... (for a day or two at least!)

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! I remember this time last year going through the same thing. We were so hyped up for the homevisit and it turned out to be a piece of cake, by now if they had concerns regarding you being a foster/adopt parent they would have said so. It's smooth sailing from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it went well!
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear it went well. I am excited for you to hear back on your approval. Keep keeping us posted.

    Donivan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! Check that one off your list! It will all be a distant memory soon...

    ReplyDelete