Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving 2008

This year the thing I am most thankful for is our house. It has made a HUGE difference in our lives. The location, the space and most of all the feeling of being settled in a "real" house has improved my life so much.

I feel a little weird admitting that a material item like a house is the thing I am most thankful for. People usually list family and friends. Of course I am thankful for them, but I also feel like Kindlewick Cottage IS a member if my family. A quiet, strong protective member who will be there for me day in and day out, who has its own personality quirks but who embraces me just the same.

Our house represents so much more unspoken things to me, too. It means we can live here and not move again for a very long time. It means my kids have a nice home to grow up in. I'm definitely not knocking people who live in other types of dwellings and goodness knows I have put in my time, but there is something solid and enduring about a house that is what my heart craved.

As it fills up today with love and laughter of family, I look around and say a little prayer of thanks. I love my house.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a great thing to be thankful for! Someday I imagine that we'll be able to get into a better place, but I'm thankful that we at least have a roof over our heads! I'm also thankful that I can know what my kids are up to at all times- even if we're not in the same room, and that I don't have too much to worry about keeping clean. ;)

    ReplyDelete