Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Collaborative Sewing part 3: Sleeves and Hem

This was our fourth Tuesday out at "Grandma's" house in the country. I didn't feel like we got as much done today as I would have liked, however, because things kept cropping up. For one thing, I am still not over this cold so I was drippy and stuffy and tired.

Curly Miss decided after being there an hour that she needed to go potty and absolutely refused to go in the big toilet. Unfortunately we'd forgotten to bring her potty seat. I knew her little bladder wasn't going to make it four and a half hours until we got home, so I spent the better part of an hour trying to find some method by which she could relax enough to pee.

Her continued toilet phobia really tends to create problems from time to time and this was one of those times. We tried my lap, we tried a different toilet, we tried a step stool, we tried making a potty seat out of cardboard. Nothing worked. I would have put a diaper on her but I forgot a diaper too.

Finally "Grandma" came up with a small bucket which my daughter sat upon and went. Yippee!!! Then it was back to sewing but I didn't feel like I got as much done as I'd like.

For lunch, A made a delicious taco salad and I contributed some leftover pumpkin pie. All in all, I think I would have done better to stay home in bed nursing my cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment