Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"Falling Slowly"

This is a hauntingly beautiful song from the movie Once which we watched again tonight. To a musician, this movie is utter magic; it gives me goosebumps. This movie is to me what Dead Poet's Society is to an English Teacher in terms of inspiration, what Saving Private Ryan is to a soldier in terms of cinematic reality.



(Note: Once is an Irish art film. The song clip I posted is clean but there is a LOT of bad language in the movie; if that bothers you, don't watch it. It's not kid-friendly because of the language, but otherwise ok.)

2 comments:

  1. Josh and I call this our deployment song. We watched it right before he left and LOVED IT! And appropriately enough, on our anniversary, it was playing on the ship!

    Yes the language is pretty bad. But its funny, w/ the accent, it doesn't sound bad to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE his voice!

    ReplyDelete