Thursday, October 16, 2008

I've never had writer's block like this!!

I have a confession to make. I have absolutely no idea what I am going to write about for the reading on the 25th. I think I have my expectations too high. After this amount of time, people are going to be expecting something really good and I don't have anything that meets my standards.

I tried a humor piece but it was dumb and got lousy feedback. Also it wasn't finished and did not looks as though it would ever be finished. Humor is hard and you have to know your audience. Then, I tried a really dark, emotional, personal piece but I don't want to finish it and I really don't want to read it aloud. I could not even bring myself to post it. Yuck. Then I started a fun dramatic narrative and got even less done on it. I just don't want to work on it.

Maybe I should just pick out a favorite blog post, like the one about practicing the bagpipes in the park and call it good. I don't know. I am so tied up in knots about this and it doesn't even really matter in the long run. GRRRR. I wish I could quit stressing about it. I feel like I have a music performance and I have not even picked a song yet. Which has been known to happen.

It's so weird because I love to write and I write thousands of words every week. So why can't I put together a measly little essay to read in front of a group of friends in two weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment