Saturday, October 4, 2008

Advent Calendar

Michael's Craft store has their Christmas stuff out already. Okay, I can understand why the sewing and craft stores put it out so early. People need time to finish projects, but why, oh why must temptation come so soon?

You see, I LOVE Christmastime. It's my favorite time of the year. So this year I got a little snowman advent calendar for the kids. It was unpainted and this week had been spent in painting with craft paint whenever I have a few spare minutes. I can't wait to fill it up with little treats or maybe even clues to bigger prizes as we get closer to THE DAY. I remember the fun as a kid anticipating each new day where I could open the little door on our calendar to see a picture. I think one with doors that open to reveal treats and goodies will be even more fun!

Here's the painting in progress. There is still some detail work to do and I need to finish the numbers.

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I love Advent calendars! We used to have a felt one when I was growing up that had the whole manger scene on it, and everyday, you'd pull out a new animal or person or stable or whatnot to pin to the advent calendar. It was fun! I'd love to do one for my kids!

    ReplyDelete