Friday, September 19, 2008

You're Not Alone

One of the fun things about having a blog is viewing the stats on the readers. Because LJ is a free service and I don't have access to the host site, I can't get as much info as I can on the pages I make myself but I can still get a general summary. I usually get about 50-80 hits a day. I always get the most on Tuesday. Sometimes Wednesday. Never on the weekend. And one of the most fascinating bits of info is this:



Each of those little arrows represents a reader from the past week or so. Looking at this piques my curiosity! Why did someone in India search for Caswell-Runyan cedar chests and then click on my blog post about my cedar chest? How come nobody in California read my blog this week? Femme? Femme, are you okay down there in LA?

I don't know why I even post about this except that I find it so very interesting. Probably because it is about me. Anyway... have a good evening all you readers out there, you in Africa and Kansas and New York and Amsterdam. Be well and blessed. :)

6 comments:

  1. Well, you know I'm reading! ;) That's pretty cool. I've often wondered how many people read my blog. Where did you get that map?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, how did you do that? So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. www.statcounter.com. You sign up, create an invisible counter and it generates code which you then stick at the end of your current blog post. I move it from time to time to the most recent post and go to the site to look a the statistics it generates.

    On the sites I build myself I integrate it into the main site code so I don't have to move it around. Google Analytics is another site I use on the pages I build myself but it doesn't work with sites like LJ. Too bad because it gives a LOT of cool info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I've seen the blog counters on blog sites like blogger.com and stuff. It would be neat if Livejournal had a feature that did that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it just me or does it look like that African reader is out in the ocean?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe someone is using a scrambler for their IP address?

    ReplyDelete