Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fresh Pico de Gallo



Woo Hooo!!! I think this might be one of the foods they serve in Heaven. MMMMMM!!!!

Recipe

1 sandwich bag full of fresh garden-grown cherry and pear tomatoes given unexpectedly by a friend
1/2 a sweet onion left over in the fridge, chopped
1 good sized green chili pepper diced very finely (was supposed to be a jalapeno but that wasn't what came out of the store with Hubby. Maybe Safeway had a recent run on jalapenos and they were out.)
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon of salt

1 bag Tostitos mini tortilla rounds
Optional: 1 episode finale of Big Brother in which Dan the MAN pulls off a sweep victory over worthy foe Memphis who was actually my pick to win since like week 2 but I am not upset because I totally love Dan and I am so glad he won!

5 comments:

  1. I swear it came from the Ja-La-Pee-No pepper receptacle in el supermercado!! Darn esoteric veggies...

    -Hubby

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH THAT LOOKS GOOOOOOOOOD. Thanks for making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Hey, Survivor is starting up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, it's gonna be a good one! I watched the TV Guide special and I'm totally ready for another season!

    ReplyDelete