Sunday, September 28, 2008

Blog Tag

I had never even heard of blog-tag before and the first time I hear of it I get tagged. Hmmm, thanks Jilann. I feel kind of like I did in elementary school, an awkward, slow, nearsighted bookworm to whom playing tag was about as natural as flying. If I ever got tagged I went inside for a Kool-aid break. Plus I couldn't think of six items that you, my loyal readers don't already know about me since I post more than you ever want to know of my boring exciting, adventure- and romance-filled life on here. But she did it, so I will too. Here's how you play:

1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Write six random things about yourself.
3. Tag six people at the end of your post.
4. If you are tagged, JUST DO IT, and pass the tag along.

Okay, hmmm... six things.

1. I love socks with pictures on them. Thanks to my whimsical mother I own more picture socks than non-picture socks and my poor husband who usually does the laundry has to fold them and match them every time. The other members of my family wear white Hanes that don't have to be matched but my socks are important to me and I feel loved that he never complains about them. I have socks with Valentine's hearts on them, socks with butterflies, socks with pineapples, plaid and even one with a tomato.

2. When I was 15 I went on a ten-day mission trip to Alaska. While there we presented a VBS to kids in Soldotna, walked on a glacier and visited the spit in Homer. I experienced the all-day light and enjoyed 80-degree weather in August. It was also only one of two times I have ever been on a big commercial jet, which I loved.

3. My favorite color is Kelly Green because once when I was about six I was coloring at my Grandma Crandall's house and using these oil pastels. The picture was Cinderella on some stairs against a wall and I colored that wall with the oil crayon. The color that came out was so vivid, so beautiful, so GREEN that it knocked my socks off (not picture socks yet) and ever since then I have been deeply, wholeheartedly in love with the color Kelly Green.

4. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

5. I don't plan to grow up till I am 83 so I have some time.

6. I love popcorn, especially popcorn made in the air popper and drizzled with melted margarine and sprinkled with TONS of salt. Or movie theatre popcorn. I usually go to the movies just for the popcorn. Of course the movie is a bonus, but the popcorn is the main attraction.

Ok, now the friends. Here we go!

Six People who are now tagged:
1. jyantj- She loves this kind of thing.
2. TexasT- The one who inspired me to blog in the first place
3. Hubby- He needs to blog more anyway. Oh wait, he's watching the kids while I blog. Hmmm...
4. AlaskaSnowAngel- I love seeing pics of her cute boys!
5. Wholarmor- Most faithful commenter and the one who whips me in Scramble on Facebook
6. Tiddleywinks- Can she take a break from the 4,698 books she reads per week to blog??? We shall see!

I have a lot of other blogging friends and blogs that I read but I'm not sure they would want to do this. So if I did not include you, please don't feel hurt, just vent your feelings by writing nasty comments which I will then delete without reading and life will be peachy.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing!! It was fun to read your 6 things! You're awesome!! - Jilann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm not last!!
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete